Former nominated senator Gloria Orwoba launched a stinging attack on President William Ruto’s administration, labeling the government a gathering of criminals and thieves.
During a Tuesday, February 17, 2026, media interview, Orwoba explained that the Kenya Kwanza leadership seemingly reserves seats for those with dishonest backgrounds.
“By the time I opened my eyes to realize that I could not fit in, I realized that I was the square peg in a round hole. You have to be a thief, a murderer, a crook, some stray creature, or a rapist to fit into this government,” Orwoba said.
Orwoba pointed to the recent appearance of John Chebochok at a United Democratic Alliance (UDA) meeting inside State House as a prime example of the administration’s questionable associations. Chebochok previously faced serious allegations of sexual exploitation following a high-profile BBC Africa Eye investigation into the “Sex for Work” scandal in Kericho’s tea plantations.
“You have seen that guy Chebochok with the UDA uniform in State House, yet we have watched how many videos of him during the Kericho Sex for Work scandal that was exposed by the BBC,” Orwoba noted.
These comments come just one week after Orwoba revealed that authorities barred her from retrieving personal belongings from her Senate office. During a Friday, February 6, 2025, interview, she explained that her phone and other private items remain trapped inside the building.
Orwoba, whom the Senate recently expelled and stripped of her nomination, detailed the frantic nature of her exit. She maintained two phones—one for professional use and one for personal matters—but lost access to both after her sudden removal. Beyond electronics, she noted that her children’s vital documents also remain within the Upper House precincts.
The former senator further claimed that a security feature on one of her devices detected unauthorized activity. She believes someone breached her office to seize sensitive information.
“I had a work phone and a personal phone; they are in the office. My kids’ documentation is also in the office, and the last time I was informed and even confirmed, I had a sensor on my phone to show me when there was movement and access to certain places in my office. It showed me that they actually broke into my office and removed everything around and took my documentation,” Orwoba said.
She argues that the Senate bypassed constitutional protocols during her ouster. Under standard procedure, an outgoing member officially hands over the office, a process that would have allowed her to collect her property before a successor moved in.
The post Gloria Orwoba Blasts Ruto Govt as a Gathering of ‘Murderers and Thieves’ appeared first on Bossnana.